Friday, May 10, 2013

10 Stories for My Future Lover

Dear future crush/girlfriend/fiance/wife,

I love science fiction. I believe in time travel. This is my past self sending you a missive into the future.

By this time, you'll know that I'm horrible with words. But I do love stories, and if there's anything you can take away from our relationship, hopefully it's these:

Who I Was Missing Before I Met You

"Say Zucchini, and Mean It" by Peter M. Ball

Why I Never Gave Up

"On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning" by Haruki Murakami

Is it Too Good to be True?


"The Empire of Ice Cream" by Jeffrey Ford

For The Days When We Drift Apart

"The Rapid Advance of Sorrow" by Theodora Goss by Theodora Goss


When You Leave Me for the First Time

"The Sugilanon of Epefania's Heartbreak" by Ian Rosales Casocot

I'll Support You

"For Solo Cello, op.12" by Mary Robinette Kowal 

Making Sense of It All
 
"26 Monkeys and the Abyss" by Kij Johnson

Hopefully It Never Comes to This

"Spar" by Kij Johnson


Read In Case of Emergency

"Little Gods" by Tim Pratt


All of This is an Illusion


"L'Aquilone du Estrellas (The Kite of Stars)" by Dean Francis Alfar


Love,

The Butcher Boy
 

2 comments:

Asakiyume said...

Saw this on Facebook I think? Or maybe Tumblr? Anyway, I really liked it.

Charles said...

Thanks!